CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AMBASSADOR
Civic Engagement Ambassador:
MMCC seeks a part-time Civic Engagement Ambassador to join a dynamic team of organizers dedicated to increasing voter turnout by engaging and educating the Muslim American Community of Michigan. The ambassador will manage MMCC's non-partisan voter registration, candidate forums, and GOTV work. The ideal candidate has a strong commitment to social, racial and economic justice, enjoys working with a team, and has a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to the mass community.
- Coordinate and meet all deliverables for the 2018 non-partisan civic engagement efforts
- Work closely with MMCC staff to communicate & build relationships with partner organizations (community & faith-based orgs)
- Bottom line responsibility for civic engagement data management
- Coordinate and execute candidate forums, voter registration drives and other civic engagement events
- Work with Digital Media & Marketing coordinator to manage social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) with civic engagement updates
- Create, curate, and manage all published civic engagement content (flyers, posters and written).
Skills & Qualifications:
We are seeking and individual with previous experience working on or managing civic engagement programs, grassroots/political organizing in the social justice movement, or comparable experience. Qualified applicants should be interested in connecting civic engagement to base-building, leadership development, and issue campaigns. Applicants should also have exceptional oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be passionate, enthusiastic, and energetic with strong communication skills.
This position is a 4 month part-time contract position from August 2018 to November 2018. Compensation is based on experience. Position requires some travel (must own a car) and work on Fridays, and select weekends.
Please email your resume to email@example.com (Include Full Name & Civic Engagement Ambassador in the subject of the email).